Friday, July 14, 2006

Mayo


I didn't like any of these recipes. Well... it just didn't work out for me and I prefer the Best Foods Canola Mayo. It has a wonderful, full flavor. My Mayo was very light - a little lemony. I used Emeril's recipe which was the best of the two so here it is:
1 egg
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup olive oil
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
In a food processor or blender, blend the egg and lemon juice for 10 seconds.
With the processor running, slowly pour in the oil through the feed tube. Mixture should thicken. Add the pepper and salt and pulse once or twice to blend.
Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using. Best if used within 24 hours.

On the subject of mayo - it is amazing how soy oil is the most brands. Start looking at the ingredients of your favorite foods and you will realize how much soy you are eating!

No comments: