Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jalapeno Potato Casserole



A Sueann Friendly Original! I came up with this dish when I used to help with the Feral Cat spay and neuter clinic. I would bring this to help feed the veterinarians and student interns. It was a hit then and still is for those who like it spicy!

4 large russets or equivalent other type potato. I am a fan of the reds and yellows. Thin slice. I use the food processor.
1 large onion chopped
2-4 jalapenos with seeds if you dare!
1 1/2 cup Canola Mayo - Best Foods makes a good one and its usually at Safeway
1 chicken bouillon cube dissolved in a little water
1 tbl. granulated garlic or 4-5 cloves crushed garlic
pepper and bread crumbs for the top

Directions: For quick cooking microwave the sliced potatoes!
In a food processor add jalapenos, half onions, bouillon water, garlic, and mayo. Pulse till liquefied. Pour over potatoes and other half of chopped onions. I like to make sure the liquid covers most of the potatoes. Add bread crumbs on top, spritz with some oil and bake 350 degree oven: 15-25 minutes if you microwaved potatoes, 35-40 if raw.

No comments: